Call For Speakers
Would you like to present at one of Europe’s leading trade events, Plastic Waste Free World Europe? There is no charge but we are looking for stimulating, insightful and inspirational presentations. Only the best will be included. We are inviting you to put forward your presentation proposal for review by our international conference advisory board. All will be considered ahead of the final submission deadline.
Deadline for paper submission: Friday 19th May 2023
The organisers of Plastic Waste Free World Europe invite presenters to submit speaking proposals for the event’s conference, to be held on the 8-9 November 2023.
We encourage proposals from speakers with deep technical and practical expertise in all aspects of plastic waste to submit an entry.
TOPIC AREAS FOR SUBMISSION
We have yet to finalise specific topics to be discussed. At this stage we are canvassing your views about what you feel are the hottest topics to cover. See below for a guideline on some of the topics we have discussed at previous shows:
Consumer goods and Retail Packaging
- Standards, regulation, and future policy
- Designing for zero waste
- Creating a circular economy for plastics
- New material innovations
- Reducing unnecessary plastics
- Biodegradable solutions
- Consumer engagement
- Take back schemes, traceability, EPR
Sustainable Materials and Chemicals
- Renewable materials and renewable chemicals
- Recycled materials
- Renewable raw materials
- Resins, adhesives, coatings
- Raw material supply chains
- Manufacturing solutions
- Impacts of new materials on recyclability
- Environmentally friendly fibres
Individual Presentations – 20 MINUTES
Individual talks are 20-minute presentations explaining recent innovations, research, and findings. These individual talks will each be followed by a short 5-minute Q&A and will be grouped together by topic.
Panel Discussions – 40 MINUTES
Panel discussions provide an analysis of broad industry trends from a variety of perspectives. These discussions will begin with the moderator providing an overview of the topic, then each panellist will give a short introduction to themselves and their area of topic expertise. The moderator will then open discussion with prepared questions and questions from the attendees. If you propose a panel discussion, be prepared to serve as moderator and invite speakers from the industry. A list of prospective speakers or speaker companies should be included in the proposal.
PROPOSALS THAT WILL BE GIVEN PREFERENCE IN THE REVIEW PROCESS
- Talks that reveal new ways of thinking about and applying technologies to the plastic waste free debate
- Talks that feature content never seen before and not available online, but has been created specifically for this event
- Real-world examples that show a novel application of technology or illustrate a solution to a technical challenge in completed product, including a detailed discussion of the trade-offs and choices made
- Talks that engage the audience in a highly creative or interactive way
- Legislative talks discussing current and possible future laws governing the material use and production processes
- In general, we look for speakers who are willing to share their knowledge to help design and innovation continue and grow. Proposals that aim to market a specific company or product will not be considered.
CALL-FOR-SPEAKERS SUBMISSION PROCESS
Proposals must be submitted by Friday 19th May 2023 through this electronic portal or by emailing conference producer Ben Horely directly. If selected to speak, you will be required to submit a PowerPoint presentation at least one month in advance of the event to ensure guidelines are met.
For more information about attending the event, please visit: www.plasticfree-world.com. If you have any questions, please contact Ben Horley via [email protected] or +44 1483 330 291.